Meet equestrian, Ali, our guest for Episode 15. Listen as she talks about how to get kids comfortable with horses, what adult lessons look like, and even a possible pitch of a reality horse show.
You can download this episode from your favorite podcast listening app or listen to it below. Check here for links and photos we talk about during the show!
Drink of the Day
Make sure you shake Jumex Guava Nectar before you drink it. Not only was it delightful, it only cost Ren and Cam $.38 a can! You can’t beat that.
Hillside Equestrian Center offers private lessons, training for horse and riders alike, trail rides, and some group lessons. Lessons start as young as three up to adult.
Star Equestrian Center in Hagerstown, Maryland offers rides for various learning disabilities and at-risk youth.
Contact Ali on Facebook to set up lessons or rides.
We like movies around here and horse movies are no exception. Check out some of the ones mentioned:
- The Horse Whisperer, starring Robert Redford, Kristin Scott Thomas, and Dianne West
- Secretariat, starring Diane Lane, John Malkovich, and Dylan Walsh
- Racing Stripes, starring Hayden Panettiere, Frankie Muniz, and Mandy Moore
- Hidalgo, starring Viggo Mortensen, Louise Lombard, and J.K.Simmons
- My Friend Flicka (1943), starring Roddy McDowall, Preston Foster, Rita Johnson (and Elizabeth Taylor somewhere)
- Flicka, starring Tim McGraw, Maria Bello, Alison Lohman
- Mr. Ed, starring David Alan Basche, Garret Dillahunt, and Sherilyn Fenn
Surprisingly, there’s even some non-horse movies mentioned:
- Friday Night Lights (we are aware this is a TV show, but we’re still counting it), Tim McGraw
- Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, starring Matthew Broderick
- Rudy, starring Sean Astin
- The Peanuts Movie (2015), starring Bill Melendez
Go-kart rides aren’t just for kids, they are for kids of all ages (like Ren). Ren took his family to Funcastle, located between Waynesboro and Greencastle Pennsylvania.
Make sure to check out the Spam Museum in Austin, Minnesota if you are ever in the area. Free admission and open April until September. Make every trip an adventure and try some spam in the restaurant! We want to hear what you think of it.
Don’t miss the discussion on “Ben Bombs” Survivor Winner, Ben Driebergen, Episode 12.
Peace be the journey.